Sunday, March 2, 2008

Three Things I Can't Live Without


Last night, after Mrs. Photo Scrooge (not her real name) went to bed, I was reading the latest copy of Inc Magazine and came across this interesting article: Things I Can't Live Without. It appears to be a running series where a successful business owner talks about a few of the things he/she can't bear living without.
This issue features David Koretz, the successful 28-year-old founder of Blue Tie Software. So what can't a successful software entrepreneur live without? Would you believe a $6000 Panerai Luminor GMT watch, a barcode reader so he'll know exactly when to drink one of his 1000 bottles of wine, and two Roomba automatic vacuums?

Seriously? This what you can't live without?

Let's see, the first three things that come to mind when I think of the things I can't live without are air, water, and food. And if we're moving past the basics, maybe shelter, transportation and a decent job. And maybe a little love (not that kind, get your mind out of the gutter). Although that kind does make an appearance rather high up on the list.

I could probably make a good argument for a new Colnago, a couple thousand shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock and maybe a summer home in the Hebrides. But the fact that I've lived the past 39 years and 7 months without them sort of proves otherwise.

On the other hand, David is right on with what he covets: a Ferrari F430 Spider. Mmmmm. There's a better title for the article: Three Things I Have that My Friends Covet.

No comments: