Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Perfectly Reasonable...

When I was 14 or 15 years old, Jim (I think it was Jim, it might have been Mike) and I walked over to the Swenson's, looking for something to do. It was Saturday, early afternoon. We might have been going over to watch the ABC Wide World of Sports update on the Tour de France. We walked around back and saw Mike holding a hose, squirting off his 18-month old son, Robbie, who was naked and crying. I know what you're thinking, but don't worry--it was summer time or at least late spring, so it's not like the kid was going to freeze.

I don't remember exactly what was said, but the gist of the conversation was that Robbie had pooped in his diaper and needed to be washed off. A perfectly reasonable explanation.

Not sure why I thought of Swenson when I got this photo in my email today...


1 comment:

noelle said...

i showed steve this picture and his eyes were brightened by this idea and then they dimmed...i'm sure it was because he started thinking about what it would do to the paint.